[SW16] Verified update for Teracube 2e is ready for all users

We released a Beta build for testing 2 weeks back. Please install and let us know so that we can proceed with the certification.

Is SW16 released for US Teracube 2e OTA?
I used Teracube Updater and no update is available. Thanks.

Android 10
Teracube_2e_06
Last checked: July 15, 2021 (12:27)

SW16 is our 1st ever Homegrown FOTA (Firmware over the air) release :slight_smile:. We released it to a small random set of users this week. If everything goes well, we will make it available to more users next week.

Note: Goes without saying that the FOTA install and manual install are the same.

Updated today and I also have the carrier name alignment and (lack of) spacing issue with the clock that was previously reported.

Is there a fix to this?

Thanks

2 Likes

No fix yet - have it on our list.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bluetooth issue with SW16?

Very excited to get this update a few weeks back. Great work. Just a few things to share.

I was able to install SW16 via FOTA using the Teracube Updater back on July 15th with no issues, worked flawlessly.

My only suggestion for future FOTA updates, would be to include a note to make sure the phone is plugged in during the update process, so it will not lose power. The phone may reboot several times. Please do not power off the device during the update process. (I may have missed seeing this info, during the FOTA update if there is a note like this already)

Fixes:
The fix I have noticed a huge improvement on was the increased Bluetooth range. Great work.

In future OTA updates, I am interested in being added to the Beta testing group, if that is possible.

I am happy to see that the update moved us up to the security patch level of May 5th, 2021.

Also, I would be interested in being a Beta tester specifically for security patches.

1 Like

Hi! After getting the update offered in the updater (surprise surprise!) the update process went smoothly. After the update I have one issue: My second SIM card seems to be stuck in “emergency calls” only mode.

There is an “R” being displayed to the right of the symbol for my second SIM card. What does this “R” mean, please?
I already tried to remove the SIM card locks of both SIM cards and rebooting. But this did not fix the issue.
The IMEI of both SIM cards are recognized. But the second one stays on “Emergency Calls Only” (It is “Nur Notrufe” in German)

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!
Thomas

Hi @jaxom - were you running the EU build before this? SW16 is for non-EU users. We had released a beta of the EEA2 build earlier but had to withdraw it because of the same issue that you are facing. It seems EU networks are appearing as roaming on the latest SW16 or EEA2 builds.

Ideally, you should not be charged for roaming even though the phone thinks its roaming. I could be wrong though.

We will be working on this issue. In the meantime, you could revert back to EEA1 or SW6.

Well, I got the update offered when I opened the Updater in the System settings. So I updated.
Version now is “Teracube_2e_16”. So what you say is that I shouldn’t have used this update?
Why did I get it offered then for download?
This is really frustrating.
When I now revert back to EEA1 or SW6 (what is the difference?) I will have to wipe my device, correct?

I forgot to mention, that yes, it was the EU build before.
Question: If I can live with the current situation, using the SW16 for non-EU users in the EU now, will I be able to install the correct EU updated version later without having to wipe? Or will a wipe be necessary now for my device in any case?

You will be able to upgrade later to an EU build - shouldn’t need a wipe.

Then do I go back and del. the file?

Yes - you can delete the update file after the process is complete.

So slowly I give up hope to ever get a certified update for the EU. I never thought I would be so disappointed.

3 Likes

Hi @Obelix - I can understand your frustration. Right now we are troubleshooting a roaming icon issue - need some EU users to install this debug build and provide us logs. Fixing this issue should be easier once we get 1-2 user logs. This is the only issue holding us from releasing an EU build.

A post was split to a new topic: Accessibility settings turn off after reboot

For us more luddite-challenged, I am not sure how to do this. Can someone walk me thru the 3rd grade version of this?
[still seeing blue when using the flash, still have the damn blinking white lite when the phone is not in use, still wondering when I am getting my long-awaited spare battery)
Thanks

Hi @Pat_Loeb - are you based in the EU or somewhere else? non-EU users should have received an automatic update. You can check again by going to Settings > System > Teracube updater … hit the refresh icon at the top right.

Has there been any progress on this? This Joyn app is bloatware.