[ Troubleshooting ] Recovery Mode

To enter Recovery Mode on your Teracube, follow the steps below:

1. Power off the phone.
  2. Hold Power and Volume Up for five seconds.
  3. Release the Power button. The Teracube logo should appear as the phone powers on. Keep holding the Volume Up button. The Fastboot menu should appear.
  4. The Fastboot Menu will look like one of these two:

If you get this type of menu

FastbootMenu - Type 1

Use the Volume+ button to cycle through options till you reach Recovery. Press Volume- key to enter Recovery

If you get this type of menu (newer firmware or Thrive phones)

Use the Volume +/- buttons to cycle through options and get to Recovery. Once you see Recovery option, press Power button to Start recovery.

For Teracube One users only - 2 more steps

1. The robotic Android mascot should appear, laying down, with the text “No Command” beneath it.
  2. Press and hold the Power button, and while holding the Power button, press and release the Volume Up button.

The Recovery Mode menu should appear immediately. You can now release the Power button.

WipeCache

6 Likes

It would be beneficial to show the screen for Fastboot menu as well, I was a little confused looking at the picture and what I was looking at when you get to Fastboot. I figured it out but took me a few times because I was selecting Fastboot when I got to that first screen instead of Recovery and it would just freeze up and I would have to hold the power button for a while to start over.

1 Like

That’s an excellent idea. An image of the Fastboot menu has been added.

2 Likes

Is there a recovery.img file available to download?

These instructions can help if you can see what is on the screen, but not be able to use the touchscreen. But if the screen is damaged to an extent that it is just showing gibberish lines and stuff, then you really don’t know what the controls are selecting when you move up and down in the menu and what not. Would it be possible to give an exact sequence of power and volume up buttons to press to make sure that the correct menu items in the recovery mode are being selected assuming you can’t see anything on the screen?

That might be difficult to achieve. Best is for you to mail in your phone. We reset every phone that we receive before working on them.

If you have a Teracube 2e and you are not able to use the screen/buttons, then follow these instructions to do factory reset.

1 Like

I’m trying these steps but when I hold the power and volume up buttons, then let go of just the power button when the Teracube logo appears, this is the menu I get:

My phone is a Teracube 2e (second batch, emerald, serial number starts with 2021)
And I am trying to clear/wipe the cache partition like in this post:

But I can’t see any recovery mode option. How do I clear the cache partition on this phone?

1 Like

Are you using the latest firmware?

Is that the first menu the phone boots into? You do not get either of the two boot screens pictured above?

Ok I guess my technique was not right, this time I got the menu (the tiny menu) (not sure what I did differently, otherwise I’d write about it here). Thanks!

(Although I can’t find the option to “Wipe cache partition”… I’ll continue to find help at the forum post I linked in my previous message)

1 Like