[Certified] Android 13.0.4 for Teracube 2e Emerald (SN:2021)

NOTE : These builds ONLY WORK for the Teracube 2e Emerald (SN: 2021), and not Zirconia (SN:2020). Please read the differences here carefully and flash accordingly.

If you are looking for SN:2020 Teracube 2e (Zirconia), then click here.

We are thrilled to share our 4th stable (13.0.4+5ae415b.emerald) (Google) certified Android 13 for Teracube 2e.

:sparkles: What’s New? :sparkles:

1. New security patches upto June 05th 2024
  2. Fix several carriers broken after Android 13 upgrade
  3. Fix fastboot screen missing after Android 13 upgrade
  4. Enable VoLTE/Wfc support on AT&T carriers
  5. Add option to disable Google search bar from home screen
  6. Add light theme to QS
  7. Fix recovery image not updating

Steps to Upgrade:

1. Download the upgrade zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone).
  2. Goto Settings > System > Updater (or Teracube Updater)
  3. Click top-right 3 dots > Local update
  4. Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
    Note 3 : Before you update, make sure you have at least 6GB of free storage and your battery is at least 50% charged. This will help ensure a smooth update process.
  5. Select the file and continue the update process.
    Note: If the Updater closes or crashes, then try again.
  6. Upgrade process will take a while.
  7. Reboot the phone after the updater says “Update installed”.
    Note 4: If you are facing any network related issues then please reset your APNs Settings by going through Settings -> Network and Internet -> SIMs -> Access Point Names -> Three dots -> Reset to defaults.

Do note, after the update, you’ll need to re-enroll your fingerprint and some users have reported that they lose their launcher - icon and widget arrangement. We’d suggest you take a screenshot of your homescreen before performing the update!

Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here. Please keep the comments related to this update itself.

If you experience any errors/issues, you can flash the original factory firmware using the automated installer or SP Flash.

3 Likes

I had to factory reset my phone for unrelated reasons, but have not encountered any issues using this new Android 13 system. Its pretty great and I appreciate all the work that went into finally getting this out!

2 Likes
  • The new Teracube logo loading screen looks :sparkles: slick :sparkles:. My phone was on that screen for about 15 minutes when rebooting to complete the update. Other than that one reboot, turning on and rebooting my phone takes a normal amount of time.
  • :headstone: RIP battery charging limiter :battery:? I kinda liked that feature :frowning:.
  • :headstone: RIP Duraspeed :rocket:? I feel like my phone consumes battery faster now that I don’t have Duraspeed.
  • Why wasn’t this update available through the updater, why did I have to download it from this forum? I didn’t even know the update was available until I checked this forum.
  • There seems to be more padding on the left and right of the notification bar to dodge the rounded corners? I welcome that change, but the padding looks mismatched (there’s more padding on the right end).
  • Holding the power button now activates Google Assistant but thankfully I can change that: Settings → System → Gestures → Press & hold power button → Power menu.
  • Addendum: the new Camera app looks nice but if I change the aspect ratio to 16:9 I can’t see the whole viewfinder anymore.
1 Like

A new update is available!

To install it, go to Settings > System > Updater and tap Check for updates
Alternatively, you can apply the update manually using the information in the updated thread.

2 Likes

Hi, @winghongchan
Thank you for posting your feedback.

1. We are internally working on charge limit, however cannot confirm as to when it might get shipped :wink:
  2. We have made several changes to the power/perf stack and have noticed similar perfomance/battery results with and without duraspeed. You could restrict battery usage by going to per app settings and restricting its battery usage for any additional improvements.
  3. We are working on stagged rollout and with latest update we have started pushing OTA to A11 users.
  4. Google is behind this inconsistent paddings, we can try to improve it in future.
  5. Again Google is behind the gesture change, its mandatory for GMS certification.
  6. Thanks for the feedback we will look into it.
2 Likes

After I installed the update to Android 13, I can send/receive texts and use mobile data, but I cannot make any calls. When I dial, the phone is silent for a few moments before going to “Call Ended.” H2OWireless is my mobile service, and the below APN settings were working before the update (when my phone still had Android 11). The default H2O Wireless APN (with PRODATA in the APN field) does NOT work.

I have already tried the basic troubleshooting steps, including: toggling on/off Airplane mode, removing/re-inserting the SIM card, toggling off/on “Use SIM,” clearing data and cache for the the Phone app.

Name: H2O Wireless
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: 66.209.11.33
Port: 80
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: proxy.mvno.H2OMobileweb.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: None
MVNO value: Not set

1 Like

Did you try resetting the apn settings after 11.0.4?

1 Like

Hi,

I updated to Emerald 13.0.4 on 6/15 and it knocked out my data on ATT. I can still make phone calls and use SMS. I followed similar steps as @gadet and also reset apn settings but no dice. I’m new to this so I’m not sure what to look for.

I can also attest to battery speeds seemingly draining faster. Though I’ve already been needing to replace it, and although it has been lasting longer over the weekend albeit due to not having data, I’ve noticed that it drains quicker now while using most apps. Also, since the update, charging stops at about 90%-95% whereas before it charged to 100%

I’ve also been experiencing process crashes after soft resets. Messages like " Quickstep isn’t responding" and “Process system isn’t responding” while fiddling with system settings.

1 Like

Welcome!

Sorry for the trouble.

Are you in a position to backup the phone and re-do the flash so you have a clean slate?

Yes, after the update to Android 13, I changed the APN settings to exactly what I posted above. When those didn’t work, I tried resetting the APN to the default settings and tried every single one of the defaults (including the H2O Wireless PRODATA one), and none of them worked.

1 Like

Is that the same as doing the Reset option of "Erase all data (factory reset)? If so, I will not be in a position to do this until this Friday, June 21.

1 Like

All good so far. :pray::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That would be my first recommendation to do, yes.

We have indentified the issue, should issue a hotfix soon!

1 Like

Do you mean for being able to make calls using H2O Wireless? If so, then thank you so, so much! I did a factory reset, and I still cannot make calls (but I can send and receive texts).

How do I get the hotfix?

1 Like

It has been rolled out as staging and you should see it within a week! I’ll update the forum post for new link as well.

1 Like

Hello users, we have issued a hotfix to address issues faced on AT&T carrier and users on 13.0.4+dc21fc3 should see the update via OTA within a week. If you want to try early you can check the updated post for build 13.0.4+5ae415b. Kindly report back to us with your APN’s settings MCC and MNC if you are still facing the issue after the hotfix. Thank you for patience!

1 Like

My phone is running 13.0.5+2f26114 but still cannot make calls. APN settings have been checked by the carrier. MCC is 310 and MNC is 410.

I installed the latest update and then did a factory reset. Still cannot make or receive phone calls, but can send and receive text messages and use mobile data. Here are the APN settings I am using:
Name: H2O Wireless
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: 66.209.11.33
Port: 80
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: proxy.mvno.H2OMobileweb.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410