[Teracube 2e] Instructions to Install Factory Software and to Reset

Caution: This will factory reset your phone and wipe data. Please backup before proceeding

The following steps will allow users to install factory software on Teracube 2e. Works for both batches - Zirconia (2020) and Emerald (2021).

This is an easier and more automated process as compared to the manual SP Flash process. It will do the following:

• Install factory software
  • Reset the phone
  • Remove any old pins and security

Requirements

1. Windows 10/11 computer.
  2. Teracube 2e phone (will not work on other phones).

Steps:

Install Drivers (if you have never run SP Flash before)

1. Download and install these drivers (link).
  2. Reboot your computer

Flashing instructions

1. Download this package.

2. Unzip the package

3. Double click the “InstallT2eFW.bat” file to run it.

Note: Windows might prevent you from running the bat file. Click “More info” and then click “Run anyway”.

1. Power off the phone
  2. Connect the phone when the software asks you to.

Note: If your phone is boot-looping (not staying powered off), then plug the cable precisely when the screen goes off.

1. Do not unplug. Wait few minutes till process completes.
  2. Once finished, power on the phone.

Note: Make sure the phone is powered off while plugging in at step 7

Please post your questions/comments below.

3 Likes

My Teracube 2e, currently on Build number Teracube_2e_16, has been crashing (i.e., turning itself off and NOT restarting) 2-3 times per week. Sometimes it’s more than once the same day.

Would you advise resetting with these instructions?

Thanks…

Hi @peterforint - sorry for the late reply. You can do one of the following:

1. Try a soft reset followed by a full reset.
  2. Upgrade to 11.0.4.
  3. Use the above instructions to re-install factory firmware.

Hello @Sharad ,

The guide seems pretty straightforward (have not tried it yet). I see that there is no distinction between the “first batch” and the “second batch” (emerald) T2e releases. So this procedure works for both releases?

UB

Somehow missed out on replying here. Yes - the above process works for both 2020 and 2021 Teracube 2e units.

when I plug the phone it doesnt happen anyting and the operation doesn’t advance, what can i do?

1 Like

Please check your USB cable and port work properly with other devices, and try again.

The phone must be off for SPFlash, and this script, to function.

fail

Please don’t use a pay software for this. It’s required to buy this software.

Please an instruction for Linux (Ubuntu 22.x LTS) or a OS that can used without installation.

The SPFlash method remains supported for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.

This method is meant specifically to be an easy method for the largest userbase.